A few years ago I was getting tired of having missing or out-of-date copyright blurbs in packages that I was involved with (old license text, missing authors, etc.). This is important stuff, but not the kind of thing that is fun to maintain by hand. I wrote a script for bugs everywhere that automated the process, using the version control system to extract lists of authors and dates for each file. The script was great, so I ported it into a few other projects I was involved in.
This month I realized that it would be much easier to just break the script out into its own package, and only maintain a config file in each of the projects that use it. I don't know why this didn't occur to me years ago :p. Anyhow, here it is! Enjoy.
README, with usage details, is posted on the PyPI page.